BOOKING AGREEMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- If the booking is cancelled by the hirer with less than three months written notice given no deposit refund is payable.
- If the booking is cancelled by the hirer in writing with at least three months’ notice of the booking date, 50% of the deposit will be refunded plus any bond or balance payment already made.
- If Tauranga Rowing Club is unable to fulfil the agreed booking due to reasons beyond their control e.g. fire, flood, damage to the building, liability is limited to the refund of all fees paid. Should this unlikely situation arise Tauranga Rowing Club will endeavour to find alternative
premises for the hirer.
Cleaning & Damages
- Hirers are required to leave the facility in a clean and tidy state, removing all rubbish and items brought on to the premises by the time designated in this agreement. Failure to do so may result in deductions from the bond.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for any damage to the premises or contents.
- All chairs should be stacked correctly and tables folded away. If stacked off the stacking units a maximum of 6 chairs should be stacked. If using the stacking units ensure chairs are stacked correctly on the unit. A maximum of 20 chairs should be stacked on each stacking unit. After use do not return stacked chairs to the storage cupboard in the corridor to the bathrooms. Leave the stacked chairs in the main lounge area.
- If the microphone is dropped, on purpose or accidentally, then a $300.00 replacement fee will apply.
- Damage caused to any sub-hired goods is the responsibility of the hirer for the period of the booking and is subject to the terms & conditions of the hire company used.
- Tauranga Rowing Club does not accept any responsibility for damage to or loss of property merchandise prior to, during or after any event. We do keep any lost property found and advise the hirer.
- Any breach of these conditions may be remedied by the club (without prior reference to the Hirer) who may then recover the cost of doing so from the Hirer).
Keys and AV Lead:
- The Hirer will be issued with a set of keys which give access to the lounge and the alarm system.
- The Hirer will be issued with an AV lead to connect to the AV system.
- The keys must be returned without delay following the hire, in any event no more than two days later.
- If the keys or any portable AV equipment are lost the cost of replacing them will be charged to the hirer.
- Live entertainment or music played must be set at such a level not to disturb neighbours or other users of the public park and meet the current bylaws.
- All sound equipment must be turned off promptly at 12.00 midnight.
- All personal decorations must be removed at the end of the hire.
- Candles must be contained in such a way that the flame is contained and wax cannot drip onto the surface or floor.
- It is forbidden to use screws, nails, tracks, adhesive paper, removable type hooks or any similar fixings. However, the function room has a number of fixed hooks which decorations can be tied to. The use of fish line between these hooks to hang tied decorations from is permitted.
- The lighting of fires, fireworks, lanterns or any naked flames is strictly prohibited.
- The use of smoke machines is strictly prohibited.
- For the comfort of guests there is a strict no smoking policy inside the building.
- It is agreed by the hirer that photography shot by Tauranga Rowing Club of the venue as set up by the hirer may be used for advertising purposes unless otherwise agreed.
- It is agreed by the hirer that Tauranga Rowing Club may seek permission from the hirer to use other photography shot at the venue for advertising purposes.
- The Hirer may use external caterers of their choice for the event.
- The Hirer may choose to provide home catering for the event.
- A list of suggested external caterers are shown on the website.
- Tauranga Rowing Club and the hirer must comply at all times with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA)
- The hirer must immediately notify Tauranga Rowing Club of any risks to health and safety arising from the event.
- The hirer and the hirer’s guests must at all times conduct themselves so that they or others are not deliberately or carelessly exposed to risk of potential harm.
- Some simple but important matters to be aware of:
a) Take care on the stairs, do not carry large loads that may increase your risk of slipping
b) Wipe up any spills promptly to prevent slips
c) Follow safety procedures if using a ladder to hang decorations
● Make sure the ladder is in good condition
● Use safety catches
● Get someone to support the ladder
d) Take care when moving furniture to prevent back injuries
e) Be aware there is a trip hazard between the lounge and the deck
Special Liquor Licence:
- Tauranga Rowing Club does not have a permanent liquor licence.
- If you intend to sell alcohol at your event you will must apply to Tauranga City Council for a Special Liquor Licence.
- In order to comply with the Sale of Liquor Act the hirer must apply to Tauranga City Council at least 21 days prior to the event for the Special Liquor Licence. Application forms are available from the Council Offices in Willow Street, Tauranga. Tel: 07 577 7000
- As part of the application the hirer must provide a letter of consent from Tauranga Rowing Club to have alcohol on the premises. The letter will be provided on booking confirmation.
- If your event is BYO or you are providing alcohol without charge a Special Liquor Licence is not required. There are no corkage charges made by Tauranga Rowing Club.
- If you or Tauranga City Council has any questions regarding the status of your event or the licencing of the venue please contact the Lounge Manager on 022 647 2863